- Rubens at the Louvre 22/05/2013 16:22 CET
- The founding father of abstract act honoured in… 08/03/2013 18:56 CET
- Chagall as historian 04/03/2013 15:33 CET
- Ono, only Ono in Frankfurt 22/02/2013 15:54 CET
- Lichtenstein makes the Tate go Whaam! 21/02/2013 17:03 CET
Madrid’s Museo Thyssen‐Bornemisza plays host to Spain’s first monographic exhibition of works from the great Impressionist painter, Camille Pissarro.
For curator, Guillermo Solana, Pissarro was unique for numerous reasons: “In a movement as individualistic as Impressionism – where Monet, Renoir and almost all the other painters were not interested in training up disciples – Pissarro was the one who gave himself most generously to young artists.