• DTE Energy Co. is buying one of two Pheasant Run wind parks in Huron County in the Thumb from a subsidiary of NextEra Energy Resources LLC and will rename it Brookfield Wind Park, The Associated Press reported. The park has 44 wind turbines.
• Grand Rapids-based Mercantile Bank Corp. and Alma-based Firstbank Corp. have completed their merger, creating the third-largest bank based in Michigan. The merged bank has $2.9 billion in assets and 53 offices in the state.
• Borgess Health President and CEO Paul Spaude plans to retire in September, MiBiz reported. Spaude, who joined the Kalamazoo-based health system in 2005, said he wants to spend time with his father, who is critically ill.
• Mary Kay VanDriel was named president of the Big Rapids and Reed City hospitals that are part of Grand Rapids-based Spectrum Health System. VanDriel will replace President Sam Daugherty when he retires June 30.
• Atlanta-based Newell Rubbermaid said it has opened a 40,000-square-foot design center in Kalamazoo, which will be staffed